My Photo
Name:
Location: Macao

I love music. I used to make a little amateur stuff but not any more now. But I have been listening to music "seriously" since about 12. I'm glad that I have my own weekly radio music show and newspaper column in which I can share my favourite music with listeners and readers. I like movies very much too. I studied the medium in university. Film appreciation is really full of fun! I'm also a Hi-Fi enthusiast but I'm no expert and know hardly any electronics. Anyway, it's quite interesting to explore the unlimited possibilities of sound reproduction. I have a lovely wife. We have a sweet home. I don't like going out a lot. My home is where my heart is. But foreign trips are surely delights sometimes. :)

Monday, March 13, 2006

My Taipei Trip

Julie and I spent 6 days last week in Taipei. I'd been there for 2 times and didn't feel good about the city. I got the opposite feeling during this third trip. Taipei is not as old-fashioned as before. It's now more stylish and modern. Although most of the young people dress very much like Japanese and the girls have quite heavy make-up, they look more attractive.

I didn't buy any non-food things there as the pricing is not cheap. I only did window-shopping. The goods are pretty nice. I found some very good-looking vintage-style stuff like wallpaper, carpets, lights and telephones. I'm always into the 70s design. I think the products fit my home too. However, I have to save some money for other more important areas...

Julie and I enjoyed the trip very much as it's a gathering with her parents. It's my one and only chance with them in Taiwan for they'll be back to Macau for retirement this year. After they're back, I don't think we'll go there again. You are not surprised if I remind you I have gone there for 3 times and Julie is even more "experienced" with her 5 trips!

The second most enjoyable thing is food. It's delicious and cheap. It's a pity that I couldn't eat little ube dumplings. I had a lot during my first Taiwan trip. Since then, I haven't had any. I really want to have some. They're yummy yummy!

I may post some photos here tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home