My Photo
Name:
Location: Macao

I love music. I used to make a little amateur stuff but not any more now. But I have been listening to music "seriously" since about 12. I'm glad that I have my own weekly radio music show and newspaper column in which I can share my favourite music with listeners and readers. I like movies very much too. I studied the medium in university. Film appreciation is really full of fun! I'm also a Hi-Fi enthusiast but I'm no expert and know hardly any electronics. Anyway, it's quite interesting to explore the unlimited possibilities of sound reproduction. I have a lovely wife. We have a sweet home. I don't like going out a lot. My home is where my heart is. But foreign trips are surely delights sometimes. :)

Friday, February 17, 2006

Webern by Quartetto Italiano

Grabbed the vinyl record of Complete Music For String Quartet By Webern at post office this morning. As you can read from the photo, it's performed by the brilliant Quartetto Italiano. If their interpretation is not the best, it's surely one of the best.

Look at their posture on the cover. Ain't they cool? I've got the CD edition of the same recordings. Sadly the CD cover only has the part with the 4 violins held with hands... I like the original cover much more. :P

I believe the vinyl copy is the original pressing. At least, it's made in Holland. I'm very glad to own such excellent record which encloses one of my all-time favourite classical pieces by one of my beloved composers.

If you haven't heard the work or any work by Webern, I highly recommend you to check it out. Among the big 20th-century classical composers, I consider Webern as the greatest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home